I’m loving this new video of Wendy Rowe showing Burberry’s brilliant Cat Eyeliner pen (that also comes in brown, which we all know is pretty tricky to find in a liquid eyeliner pen). I use liquid eyeliner pens all the time at work as they just make flick eyeliner so easy, and now these are on my radar, I’ll be needing both black and brown, please!
Makeup by Wendy Rowe
Now that summer is drawing to a close (and I spent an indecently decadent summer holiday lounging pool-side in the South of France), it’s time to start thinking about la rentrée (which is what the French call the return to school and work in September).
I’m thinking of clothes for the cooler months and also makeup looks that can work from Fall to winter and into the Christmas season which will be on us before you know it. So this season Burberry’s makeup look went off-piste – over to the glitter side, to be exact. With glam-rock influences, Burberry Beauty Creative Consultant (and mega makeup artist) Wendy Rowe added some sparkle and shine to a traditional smoky eye.
Long time MM readers will know that I love Burberry makeup, AND I love glitter so this particular new iteration of the Burberry Beauty brand was always going to be right up my alley.
Since London Fashion Week has just wrapped up, I couldn’t resist a quick BTS video of Burberry’s Creative Director, Wendy Rowe giving us a run-down on this season’s look, which is a lived-in smoky eye. So up my alley!
Makeup by Wendy Rowe
The Burberry show is always a stand-out on the MM show calendar. The clothes are amazing, the front-row celebs are always swoon-worthy (and look like a million bucks, decked out in Burberry clothes AND beauty), and the hair and makeup – by Neil Moodie and Wendy Rowe respectively – is always gorgeous. Easy, modern glamour that never looks contrived.
This season Wendy Rowe went for a beautiful red lip, courtesy of the new Lip Velvet lipstick in Siren Red, that’s launching later this year (and if it’s anything like the new Velvet foundation this is definitely going to be a product worth checking out).
Burberry Beauty: The show look
Siren red lip with soft definition, inspired by the strong, feminine attitude of the season’s Burberry girl
Sheer, sculpted complexion combines with naturally defined and almost bare eyes for a modern-day look
Elegant modern look as seen on the Burberry Prorsum spring/summer 2013 runway
Light Glow Earthy Blush no. 7
Sheer Eyeshadow Gold Trench no. 04
Sheer Eyeshadow Pale Barley no. 26
Eye Definer Golden Brown no. 06
Lip Velvet Siren Red – launching soon
Lip Definer Brick Red no. 05
Burberry Beauty is available at Burberry stores and selected department stores worldwide. www.burberry.com
Makeup by Wendy Rowe | All products by Burberry Beauty
• Apply Effortless Mascara in Midnight Black No. 01 to the upper and lower lashes
• Apply Eye Definer in Midnight Black No. 01 outside the upper and lower lash line using the definition liner brush to blend and intensify
• Sweep Sheer Eyeshadow in Gold Trench No. 04 across the eyelid as a base
• Blend Sheer Eyeshadow in Taupe Brown No. 07 into the socket line and the outer corner under the eye
• Blend Sheer Eyeshadow in Almond No. 06 under the eye for a smoky look
• Apply Fresh Glow to the skin to illuminate and moisturise
• Use Sheer Concealer to highlight features, conceal dark circles and even the complexion
• Apply Sheer Compact Foundation with a sponge for a flawless matte finish
• Gently contour cheeks with Light Glow in Earthy Blush No. 07, adding freshness with Light Glow in Misty Blush No. 08
Apply Lip Cover in Delicate Rose No. 22 followed by Nude Cashmere No. 26 for a natural satin finish