Makeup by Kay Montano
It’s an exciting week at MM HQ – it’s all the red carpet excitement of Cannes! Amazing international makeup artist Kay Montano has been in Cannes all week, looking after her regular clients, Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lawrence. And in my hot sticky paws today, I have breakdowns.
My favourite look that Nicole has worn this week has been this one at the Opening Ceremony:
Here’s what Kay used:
Foundation: MyFace MyMix foundation in F2
Powder: Jurlique Rose Powder
Blush: Chanel Joues Contraste in Frivole
- M&S Your Beauty’s Slate Eyeshadow
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombres in Convoitise (gold), and Chanel Illusion d’Ombre in Apparition (navy)
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
- Diego Dalla Palma GoGo mascara (available at M&S Your Beauty departments in the UK)
- Eyelure Individual False Lashes in Medium
Brows: Eyeko Eyebrow Gel
Lips: Bobbi Brown Pink Lily Creamy Matte Lipcolour
Body: MAC Face and Body in C2 plus Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl
Also of note was Kay persuaded Nicole to wear Chanel’s gorgeous new nail polish in Lilis, which worked perfectly with her exquisite floral dress and pink heels.
I have more Cannes Beauty Breakdowns from Kay on the way!
Makeup by Kay Montano
So I have a total girl crush on American actress Jennifer Lawrence – how beautiful does she look here? My favourite makeup artist, Kay Montano and awesome London hairdresser, Johnnie Sapong, was Jennifer’s glam squad at the BAFTAS this week.
Kay has done a detailed breakdown of what she used on Jennifer on her website
, Her post is so gorgeous (with lots of details about blending and how-to), that I thought I would send you straight to her fabulous website to read it. Here’s the link:
Love this super-cute film by international makeup artist Kay Montano for Eyeko. It’s making me want wear lots of kitty eyeliner!
Last week was the British Fashion Awards in London (held at the beautifully refurbished Savoy Hotel), and actress Salma Hayek was presenting an award to Stella McCartney, who won Fashion Designer of the Year. Her go-to red carpet makeup artist is Kay Montano, who sent me the following breakdown of what she used. I love Salma in that hot pink lip!
- Nuance foundation in Medium-Deep Warm.
- Ben Nye under eye concealer in Mellow Orange Medium.
- Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder brushed onto the T Zone.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder to accentuate cheekbones.
- Bare Minerals HotRocks Blusher at M+S Your Beauty.
- Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Shell lightly brushed over entire lid.
- Chanel Brown Eye Pencil smudged into a cat shape from inner to beyond
- outer corner followed by a fine line of Autograph Ultimate Wear Gel
- Black Magic Mascara by Eyeko
- Diego Dalla Palma Colour Eyebrow Fixer from M+S Your Beauty.
- Diego Dalla Palma lipstick in Baby Pink
This is a beautiful new short film by London photographer Chris Floyd and makeup is by my favourite makeup artist (and mentor!) Kay Montano. It’s a lovely homage to Marilyn Monroe and it showcases Eyeko’s beautiful eye products (I can attest to the fact that their liquid eyeliner pen is one of the very best I have ever tried.)