Oh how I love me some beige – lipstick that is. And it was all over the runways again this season, although most makeup artists used concealer and lip balm to create the perfect nude lip. kgpz9iwmn8
Great! I hear you say. I have concealer. I have lip balm. I can rock this beige lipstick look.
But I have to warn you, there are some questions you have to answer first:
- Are you 8 feet tall with legs up to your armpits?
- Were you born in Lithuania, Latvia or Russia?
- Is your name Svetlana?
- Did you stalk the runway for Balenciaga?
No? Well then you are not a model and clearly need to work a little bit harder to get a beige lip that looks gorgeous and not like Wednesday Addams.
If you have a lot of pigmentation in your lips, then you are a good candidate for the concealer, or MAC’s genius concealer lip balm (they really do think of everything, those people!) Lip Erase in Dim or Pale. Again don’t go nuts, a touch is enough. For everyone else, go straight to the lipstick.
Now here comes the tricky part – getting the right beige for your skintone. The secret is to make sure it doesn’t match your skin too closely, because then your lips just disappear into your face and you look like a honeydew melon with eyes – I give you Exhibit A, Antonia Kidman.
You want something with a slight peach or pink effect to it, and as much as I would love to be able to offer you the perfect nude for everyone, this one is one of those trial and error jobs. So get thee to a makeup counter!
Good ones to try:
- NARS Honolulu Honey, Belle de Jour and Blonde Venus
- Laura Mercier in Discretion
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle
- YSL Rouge Volupte in no. 2 Sensual Silk and no. 3 Ultimate Beige
- Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Birthday Suit
- Christian Dior Hi-Shine Addict Lipstick in Nude Silhouette 214 and Casual Beige 222
- MAC in Myth, Freckletone and Jubilee
Adding a clear or nude colored gloss can help cut the cadaver effect also.
Glosses I like:
- Dior – Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Linen Beige 317
- NARS – Chihuaha, Turkish Delight, Chealsea Girls
- Laura Mercier – Champagne GlaceWe’re looking to do this