Makeup by Gucci Westman
I know that New York Fashion Week was a couple of weeks ago, but I just loved this makeup by amazing makeup artist Gucci Westman. I thought it was fresh and gorgeous, like all her makeup really (and let’s be honest, my favourite type of makeup).
Gucci Westman is Revlon’s Global Creative Director and under her ministrations the brand has gone from strength to strength. Here’s what she said about the Oscar de la Renta makeup “ I wanted the makeup to be gorgeous, but still look a bit dishevelled. I put the focus on the eye by lining the top lid, added a mix of eyeshadows and layered on lots of volumising mascara for a very intense lash look. I paired this with a soft pink lip to add a bit of femininity.”
All products by Revlon:
- PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup
- PhotoReady Sculpting Blush in Neutral
- Powder Blush in Smoky Rose
- Grow Luscious Plumping mascara in Blackest Black
- ColorStay Eyeliner in Brown
- CustomEyes Eyeshadow in Naturally Glam and Sweet Innocence
- Super Lustrous Lipstick in Prim Rose
- ColourBurst Lip gloss in Peony
Makeup by Florrie White
All products by Burberry Beauty
When I saw how gorgeous Kate Bosworth looked at last week’s Burberry show at London fashion Week, I had to find out her makeup look. Luckily I know her makeup artist, Florrie White as I used to assist her in London, so Florrie gave me the info on what she used – and now I REALLY have my eyes on some of those yummy Burberry eyeshadows…
“Kate was very relaxed about her make up and let me work to create the “best version of yourself” make up. Kate has a healthy warm Californian skin tone which I evened out with Sheer Foundation in Trench no. 3 and 4, using the lighter shade to even out the complexion and the darker shade to add a little contour over her features. I banished any shadows under and in the inner sockets of her eyes with Sheer Concealer in Light and Soft Beige.
I didn’t need to touch her perfect eyebrows so I concentrated on subtly shading her eyelids with sheer Shadow in Gold Trench all over her lids and then more definition in the outer socket of her eye and under her lower lashes in Chestnut. I brought out her lash more by smudging Eye Definer in Midnight Brown into her
lower lashes then enhanced her top lashes with a soft but solid line across her top lashes. I curled her lashes and then applied 3 coats of mascara in Midnight Black, combing through the lashes afterwards.
A further warm and sunny glow was achieved by applying Fresh Glow to highlight her temples and top of her cheeks and then I swept Warm Glow in Copper Glow over the apples of her cheeks, across the bridge of her nose and over her forehead into her hairline.
I highlighted her Cupid’s bow with Lip Definer in Nude Beige and also on the bottom outer edge of her mouth and the filled it in with a creamy layer of lipstick in Nude Beige.”
Makeup by Wendy Rowe | All products by Burberry Beauty
• Apply Effortless Mascara in Midnight Black No. 01 to the upper and lower lashes
• Apply Eye Definer in Midnight Black No. 01 outside the upper and lower lash line using the definition liner brush to blend and intensify
• Sweep Sheer Eyeshadow in Gold Trench No. 04 across the eyelid as a base
• Blend Sheer Eyeshadow in Taupe Brown No. 07 into the socket line and the outer corner under the eye
• Blend Sheer Eyeshadow in Almond No. 06 under the eye for a smoky look
• Apply Fresh Glow to the skin to illuminate and moisturise
• Use Sheer Concealer to highlight features, conceal dark circles and even the complexion
• Apply Sheer Compact Foundation with a sponge for a flawless matte finish
• Gently contour cheeks with Light Glow in Earthy Blush No. 07, adding freshness with Light Glow in Misty Blush No. 08
Apply Lip Cover in Delicate Rose No. 22 followed by Nude Cashmere No. 26 for a natural satin finish
Make Up Director Alex Box | Report by Celine Bopp
Supremely chic, as the girls walked round the fluorescent light filled room, it had a sporty feel to the collection. The girls’ foundation was kept super minimal using a little MAC Studio Sculpt, and then the fun began! Using MAC Lip Mix in Yellow we blended a tiny bit on areas such as the creases of the arms and back of knees to give a bruise like feel. Then using a special effects’ product that was melted down in hot water, we created oblong shapes on parts of the body. Each girl had an individual look, so some had shapes on their face and some on their legs and arms. Once it set on their skin we dusted MAC pigment in Reflects Teal, a pearly white, which was barely visible until they hit the fluorescent lights on the catwalk, giving flashes of light. Gorgeous girls, perfectly suited to Tait’s wonderful collection.
Makeup Director Wendy Rowe | Report by Celine Bopp
“Every season for Burberry the girls grace the catwalk with elegance and style, the look is effortlessly beautiful. Makeup Director Wendy Rowe created the look using Burberry’s own make up range. The girls all wore a very well blended light smokey eye using Burberry Eyeshadows in Almond and Taupe brown. A little mascara in Midnight Brown was used on each girl. The skin was kept fresh only given a tiny bit of a warm base where needed using Burberry’s Sheer Foundation. A gentle sculpting was used on the cheek, and Burberrys Lip Cover in a rose shade was applied very sheer on the lips. Absolutely divine.”